Lakeshore Road Bridge Reconstruction over Sixteen Mile Creek
Bridge closure coming January 2017
The Lakeshore Road Bridge over Sixteen Mile Creek is scheduled to be reconstructed starting in early 2017 and completed in late fall 2017. As a result, the roadway will be closed to vehicular and pedestrian traffic for the duration of the project. A detour route around the bridge will be provided via Kerr Street, Rebecca Street and Navy Street.
Railing at the Lakeshore Road Bridge
The town will be using the materials selected as part of the Lakeshore Road Streetscape Project.
The project is currently in the process of being awarded to the contractor. The construction is scheduled to begin in early 2017.
The scope of work includes:
- Removal and replacement of the existing concrete deck and steel girders
- Repairs to the existing piers and replacement of the bridge abutments
- Two travel lanes, a center turn lane and bikes lanes
- A wider pedestrian sidewalk with a barrier wall between the sidewalk and vehicular traffic
- New pedestrians railings
- Pedestrian lookouts will be incorporated into the bridge
- LED Street lighting on the bridge
Council approved the construction methodology and schedule of the bridge rehabilitation in the spring of 2016. Review a copy of the staff report to Council.
For more information please contact:
Adam Kiley, P. Eng.
Project Leader – Capital Projects
Engineering and Construction
905-845-6601, ext. 3357